We are going virtual with live-streaming starting on Monday! We are adapting to the new protocols and doing our part to flatten the curve!
We will be keeping our current schedule while adding In new classes and creating ‘0n my own Fitwalk classes’ that you can do in the park and near your neighborhood!
We love our Fitwalk family and having these live stream classes means we get to connect a bit before and after class…
We will also be adding in new attendance challenges to keep you healthy and Fit as we make our way through this pandemic to the other side!
We are planning on coming out stronger and healthier because we are committed to focusing on health and fitness like never before… I love seeing kids on our livestream… this is a great opportunity to let your Family in on how you are taking care of yourself.. Bring them along..
If you haven’t downloaded the Zoom app you’ll want do that now!
If you want me to test the link with you before hand shoot me an email and I’ll do it!
You only need a device. Laptop or iPad work best ..and the space of a Mat.
Once you log on you will see our community …when the class start it’s just me you see:-) then we connect again at the end…
This is temporary..we are in this together…uplifting each other, feeling connected and safe and stronger everyday!
Tapping into your Body’s Cues….
Ever feel like you’re out of touch with your body’s signals when it comes to when to eat, what to eat, and/or how much? Now more than ever we need to bring awareness to our nutrition.
You’re not alone.
It’s especially common if you’ve been following diets or restrictive eating patterns to lose or gain weight, or because of participating in sports that emphasize a certain “look” or use weight classes.
Relearning how to recognize and trust your body’s signals can take time, patience and practice. But it is such a gift to yourself! Here’s a great quote:
“Good nutrition isn’t rigid, restrictive, or complicated.” – Unknown
One of the biggest fears people have when they start out with intuitive eating is thinking they will start eating foods they think are “bad” for them, and not want to stop.
The real truth is that if you’re following the principles of intuitive eating, this is very unlikely to happen.
You need to trust yourself. Over time, your body will rebalance, and you’ll easily be able to recognize what feels good and what doesn’t.
If you’re just getting started and are experimenting with intuitive eating, it’s a good idea keep this basic info handy:
1. Drink enough water (at least half your body’s weight in ounces every day).
2. Protein is the most satiating nutrient – it will help you stay feeling fuller, longer. (Note: this doesn’t make it “good” or “bad,” but if you find yourself feeling hungry soon after eating, adding it to your meals can help.)
3. Fiber and nutrient-dense foods (like veggies) will help your body function optimally.
4. Some foods (like sugary, processed foods) can affect your hormones, leading you to want to eat more – i.e., you might get a headache or feel super tired or grouchy if you suddenly stop eating them.
5. Studies prove “ultra-processed” foods drive us to eat more, plus they generally don’t contain as many healthy nutrients as unprocessed foods.
And if you find you are really struggling to tap into your body’s signals, you might want to reach out to a coach, registered dietitian, physician or therapist for some assistance!
Have you been more mindful of how you’re eating since we started this series on intuitive eating!?